The Deacon Ministry
The goal of the Deacon Ministry is to serve God and the church while acting as a partner to the pastor.
The Holy Bible describes specific criteria for deacons within the Christian church.
I Timothy 3:8-13 states:
- Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
- Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience
- And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.
- Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
- Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
- For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
These are the guiding principles for each deacon at New Hope Baptist Church.
Ultimately, our purpose is servant leadership.
Staying in Touch:
With the support of the Deaconess Ministry, the deacons seek to reach out to every member of the New Hope family.
If you have not met your deacon yet, please feel free to contact the church office at 601-366-7002.
Your deacon cannot contact you if the ministry does not have current information. Please inform the church office if your address, home or cell phone number or marital status has changed.
The responsibilities of a deacon go beyond communion service, baptismal assistance and administration of the benevolent fund.
We want to stay in touch with you!
The Deacon Ministry is here for you:
- We want to celebrate the joyous occasions with you (weddings, births, new home)
- We want to pray for you and with you during the difficult times (illness, death, loss of job)
- We want to help you grow and feel a part of the New Hope family (questions or concerns about the ministry, general fellowship)
Contact Your Deacon Today!!